Promotional products are a key marketing tool that can be used in many ways throughout your organisation, but getting it right can be challenging. Here at Connect Promotions, we know the promotional merchandise industry inside out, and we can pass on our expertise to stop you from making common errors.
We work with reliable suppliers from across the world, and we trust them to deliver high quality products for you. Our catalogue is extensive and diverse, and we’ll always be happy to help you decide on the best options for your business and brand identity.
What Can Go Wrong With Promotional Merchandise?
Here are the most common mistakes businesses make with their promotional merchandise:
1. Choosing the wrong supplier. When you’re ordering promotional merchandise, you are trusting a supplier or manufacturer to provide exactly what you want at a good price. This can be a gamble, and while many large organisations may value quantity over quality, smaller suppliers may have problems of their own in terms of delays and reliability. However, working with Connect Promotions eliminates this concern, since we rigorously select our suppliers and manufacturers from all over the world and we know we can rely on them to deliver.
2. Choosing the false economy of large orders. Most suppliers reduce prices for orders of larger quantities, so you may feel it will be most cost effective to order in larger amounts. This only works, however, if your distribution is efficient and effective, and if you are able to use the quantities you are ordering. If you order a large amount of a product that is not particularly popular and does not increase your customer conversions or promote brand loyalty effectively, you may find that you have wasted money that would have been better spent on smaller, more effectively targeted, products.
3. Creating products that will be thrown away. Consumers love products that are useful. If you use promotional merchandise that is carefully designed to meet a need, you will have an opportunity for unlimited brand exposure as your products are used and re-gifted indefinitely. Promotional merchandise will only be thrown away if it is not useful or relevant to the target demographic, so working with us at Connect Promotions can ensure this does not happen.
4. Assuming poor quality products. Many people still think of promotional merchandise as relative to only cheap, poorly made items. This is a huge industry that is one of the most effective methods of marketing, especially to the Millennial generation who love promotional merchandise done right. Don’t risk your integrity by associating yourself with low end options, but look at the high quality, inspirational options offered by some of our best suppliers and see how these could work to transform your business and your image.
5. Not ordering enough. If you make the assumption that you will only need a small quantity of products for an event or trade show, for example, as many people will not take them, you are likely to run into difficulties. A well made and attractive product will be highly desirable and you will find that people will seek you out when they see others with your product. Items such as branded bags are always very popular, and it is always better to have too many than too few!
Let Connect Promotions Take The Pressure Off
Here at Connect Promotions, we can work with you to create a promotional merchandising plan for your business, and handle all the details from strategising to delivery. We build positive relationships with our clients, who return to us again and again, and we pride ourselves on delivering a great result every time. You can call us on 021 4345980 to find out what we can do for you, or contact us online to discuss your needs.