If you’re running a business, your website is probably one of the most important tools you possess. A great website can be key to the success of your organisation, and when you want to make changes or develop new areas within your business, a website re-design can be an obvious solution.
Here at Connect Promotions, we launched our new website in 2017. It was a long and complex mission, but we’re delighted with the results. This means that we’re perfectly placed to talk you through the process and give you the benefit of everything we’ve learned, so give us a call and we’ll happily answer any questions you may have.
Tips To Maintain Your SEO Ranking During Website Redesign
A website re-design is not a simple process, and it can be costly. If it’s the right step for your business, it can make a huge difference to the success of your enterprise, but it’s important to bear a few important points in mind to ensure that you don’t lose your hard-earned SEO ranking:
• Set clear goals. What do you want from your website redesign? It’s very important to think about why you are making changes and what you hope to achieve with these, and to create useful, measurable goals to help you stay on track. Whether you want to make your customer experience better, improve your website for mobile devices or increase your rate of conversions, sharing your goals with all the professionals you work alongside will help to ensure these outcomes.
• Join the dots. It’s not realistic to expect to create the website you’re imagining if the teams that work on it are not connecting effectively. If you are working with different teams of people to maximise the impact of your new website, your graphic designers, SEO team and web developers will all need to be in collaboration from the outset. Once you have shared your goals with them, they will be able to work together to create your vision, ensuring a much smoother and more cost effective process than working with one team at a time.
• Stay organised. Communication is vital when you have several teams and individuals working together, and a system like Basecamp can help to keep everyone in the loop. This is a great system for project management, and it is useful to ensure that everyone can monitor the various stages of the redesign process as it progresses.
• Let SEO experts lead the way. Your SEO team will need to work closely with others throughout the process to ensure that your hard-won SEO rankings are not compromised. They should advise on the new URL structure, ensuring it is based on your keywords; your keyword universe, including any landing pages or re-targeting that the redesign will affect; any redirections that will become vital if you are altering your URLs; and checking your site speed throughout the process. Auditing your current site is a good place to start, and this can inform new keywords, campaigning and additional web pages.
• Expect hiccups. There will always be minor changes and developments to make as your site approaches the launch date, and you should ensure you have built time for this into your plans. You should ensure that professionals are on hand to iron out last minute glitches as your site goes live, and remember that it will take time for all of your changes to see results so you should not expect to see instant improvements in your analytics.
Find Excellent Promotional Gifts In Ireland
At Connect Promotions, we offer a personal experience that can make your working life easier. We can work with you on long term strategies or special events, and we can collate and deliver your products to your venue ready for distribution if you wish. You can call us on 021 4345980 to find out what we can do for you, or contact us online to discuss your needs.